Netgear extender setup can be done wirelessly or via ethernet cable. Moreover, once the setup is done we can also connect our devices like computers, printers, gaming consoles, and other ethernet supported devices to the Netgear extender’s to get internet.
The different model numbers of the Netgear extender have a different number of ethernet ports. Netgear extenders like wnrp3000, ex2700, ex6100, ex7300, etc support single-band ethernet port.
These port can be used to connect our devices and few of these models also support “Access Point” mode as well so with the help of which we can configure Netgear extenders as AP. Netgear Ex7500 and Netgear ex7700 support 4 ethernet ports in case you have many devices who need good internet speed all the time then these model numbers will be perfect for you.
You can simply connect one end of the ethernet cable to the extender and other to your devices you want the internet on.
How to connect ethernet cable with Netgear extender for setup
To connect your netgear extender with an ethernet cable follow this process one by one.
- Plug the Netgear extender into a wall outlet and wait till power light turns stable.
- Now connect an ethernet cable between your computer and Netgear extender.
- Once ethernet is successfully connected to the Netgear extender open a browser on the same computer or laptop and type mywifiext setup or 192.168.1.250 in the URL.
- It will take you to the Netgear setup page, create your Netgear login account.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the Netgear extender setup.
- Once completed unplug the extender and place it halfway between the router and the place where you need the internet.
How To Use Ethernet For Netgear Extender Setup As An Access Point
You can easily follow these steps for using ethernet cable for your netgear extender device.
- Power on your extender by plugging it into a wall outlet.
- Make sure you switch the slider on the extender to the “Access Point” or AP mode.
- Now connect your devices like computer or cell phone to the Netgear default network name i.e netgear_ext showing up in your Wi-Fi list. On your computer click on the wifi icon available on the lower right-hand side to access netgear_ext. On cell phones go to settings now to wi-fi and there you will see all the wifi networks available. Among them, one will be Netgear_Ext.
- So, once you are connected to the extender network name open a browser and type www.mywifiext.net or 192.168.1.250 in the browser on the same device.
- It will take you to the extender setup page, create your account there, and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the Netgear setup.
- For best coverage place the extender away from large appliances like Microwave ovens etc.
There so some models of the Netgear extenders that support 5 ethernet ports as well namely ac1900 ex7000 and ac1200 ex6200. So these give you an option to connect more devices at the same time. We are always available for the best service help. In the case of any problem get in touch with us.